So yeah - lots of very detailed dreams the last two nights... I'll post one and just journal the other...
I'm in an old house... and now it's a college dorm room - it changes just as I determine it's a house. My parents are moving me in, but they don't approve of the place or of the furniture. In my bedroom there is an old metal fabricated closet from the 70's that needs cleaning, so I start on it. I can see grime in the slots where the doors close and I'm working it out with a paper towel. It is gold metal with fake wood panels on the front.So yeah - much more visually intense than I'm describing here. On top of that I'm pretty sure that there are other parts I'm confusing with past dreams.
I'm in Walmart - only it's like a 'science' Walmart where there are exhibits everywhere. They've brought me in as a design consultant for interactive exhibits. I'm carrying a clipboard and jotting down notes of placement and experiment type and I'm talking with someone who is walking ahead of me. They don't seem to care what I have to say about things and I can't understand why they aren't as interested in this kind of stuff as I am.
It's really hard to describe 'waking' up in a place that doesn't exist in the real world and feeling as if you're awake, only the colors and sounds are so much more alive. Imagine listening to your favorite song on an old tape player and thinking it's great - then listening to the same song from a high def digital recording on 7.1 Surround Sound. It becomes almost like a different song - so new and yet so familiar.
This happened to me in the past week - it was incredible the difference between listening to the song in my car (which has an excellent system) and then listening to it on my high-end speaker & subwoofer in my office. It actually brought tears to my eyes it was so much more powerful. I literally had to stop what I was doing just to listen to the song. It reminds me of what 1 Corinthians says in chapter 13 verse 12:
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.Interestingly, I'm studying Love as one fruit of the Spirit this week and the verse that follows that one is "So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love." I've always found it interesting how the Lord uses my dreams to help me process things I'm learning. And no worries - I've never been one to elevate my fallen subconscious ramblings above what Scripture communicates. :)
Unfortunately the details of this dream are overshadowed by Tuesday night's dream. That one was a bit more disturbing and strange than this one, hence why I'm just journaling it and not posting. Sorry for those of you really interested in reading how my psyche processes things :)
Listening to: My 5 star playlist - right now that means I'm listening to "Beauty Hides in the Deep" by The Doppler Effect.
Reading: Stil working on 'Raising Atlantis' by Thomas Greanias. Good so far, and quite a few references to Christianity in a mostly positive way which is kind of surprising.
Studying: 'Living Beyond Yourself' by Beth Moore. Week 3: Greatest of These is Love.
FB Friends: Read it in situ here: dreamsync.blogspot.com


0 comments:
Post a Comment