Dream•sync

...where I attempt to synchronize my latest dreams...
...with my current reality...

For those of you at Prayer & Praise last night and for those of you who are just interested in the chocolate pie recipe :)  My family makes these pies every year for Christmas.

This recipe is usually found inside the Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate box, but as microwaves came out they modified the recipe.  This is the 'old school' stove top method.  Something about nuking chocolate doesn't seem right to me...  Next time I make something for a recipe I'll post pictures... Enjoy :)

Prep Time:
  • 10-15 minutes to make
  • 3-4 hours to set

Ingredients:
  • 1 Baker's German's Sweet Chocolate Bar (in the green box)
  • 4 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/3 cup milk, divided
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 cups cool whip
  • 1 graham cracker crust

Directions:
  1. Place the chocolate bar and 2 tablespoons of milk (taken from the 1/3 cup) in a medium to large sauce pan.  Heat on medium, stirring often till the chocolate is melted and the 2 tablespoons of milk are mixed in.  Be careful not to burn the chocolate as it will ruin the taste of the whole pie :)  Remove from heat.
  2. Add the cream cheese, sugar and remaining milk.  Stir until smooth.  
  3. Fold in the cool whip until the color is consistent.
  4. Pour into graham cracker crust and add a dollop of cool whip to the top.  I like to add either mini chocolate chips or chocolate curls to garnish the top.
  5. Freeze for 3-4 hours and pull out 15-20 minutes before serving to allow it to thaw for cutting. 

Usually you want to eat these when they are just starting to thaw. Last night they had a chance to soften up a bit too much. Still tastes good though :)

1 comments:

Mmmmmm...

Post a Comment

Blog Author

My photo
Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe; Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.

Lux et Veritas

But I will hope continually
and will praise you
yet more and more.
My mouth will tell of your righteous acts,
of your deeds of salvation
all the day,
for their number
is past my knowledge.
With the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD I will come;
I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone.


Psalm 71: 14-16

Subscribe via email




Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers