Dream•sync

...where I attempt to synchronize my latest dreams...
...with my current reality...

So St. Patrick's Day recipes were a hit, though apparently all the alcohol from the Bailey's Irish Cream did not bake out of the bread pudding...Still good though :)

I've had several requests for the recipe - which I got from recipezaar.com - I love this site especially when I'm looking for a new recipe to try.  You can search for all kinds of recipes, and sort by rating which should give you a bit more confidence when trying a new recipe :)

Ingredients
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup butter
  • 4 ounces baking chocolate
  • 1 cup flour
Mint Filling
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
  • green food coloring
  • 3-4 tablespoons cream
Chocolate topping
  • 8 tablespoons butter
  • 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Preheat oven at 375°F.
  2. Beat eggs until fluffy.
  3. Add sugar and vanilla; beat well.
  4. Melt the butter and chocolate and add to the mixture (mixing well).
  5. Add flour and stir until smooth.
  6. Butter a 13x9 pan then pour in mixture.
  7. Bake for 25 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  8. Allow brownies to cool before adding the mint filling.
  9. Mint Filling: Mix 4 tablespoons butter, confectioners' sugar, mint, and cream.
  10. Add green food coloring.
  11. Frost brownies and refrigerate for an hour.
  12. Make the chocolate topping by melting butter and chocolate chips in a saucepan over medium heat.
  13. Pour chocolate topping over mint filling.
To serve - either chill it first, then cut into squares, or serve it a few minutes after applying the warm chocolate topping.
This version differs slightly from the version on recipezaar found here.  I used Baker's German Chocolate for the brownie mix, and unsalted butter.  I also think that hand mixing the brownies after step 3 might have prevented the light 'crust' that formed while baking.  Will have to try this one again to see if I'm right.  Didn't affect the taste at all - just made it harder to apply the mint filling. 

Anyway - enjoy!

2 comments:

Jake would love these! I just might have to get peppermint extract the next time I'm out shopping! :)

Thanks for posting this so quickly Christine! :) It's a keeper for sure. And I thought the other treats you made were good too by the way. I just noticed somebody had submitted mint brownies last week on our blog but it was with a box mix. No comparison to homemade .



Oh my goodness Rachel. I'm not a big chocolate or mint fan and these were delicious !!!! I'm sure the guys and gals at the shop would bow down at your feet if you shared them :)

Post a Comment

Blog Author

My photo
Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe; Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.

Lux et Veritas

But I will hope continually
and will praise you
yet more and more.
My mouth will tell of your righteous acts,
of your deeds of salvation
all the day,
for their number
is past my knowledge.
With the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD I will come;
I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone.


Psalm 71: 14-16

Subscribe via email




Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers