Abbey requested the recipe for the bars I brought to Prayer & Praise on Wednesday, so here it is. Saw it on the side of the Corn Flakes box and only modified it slightly. Enjoy!
Ingredients:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups corn flakes cereal
Directions:
- Measure out the corn flakes and place in a large bowl.
- In a large sauce pan, combine chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and peanut butter. Stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the pre-measured corn flakes to sauce pan. Stir until evenly coated.
- Coat a 9 x 9 x 2 pan with cooking spray and transfer the mixture into it.
- Using wax paper, press the mixture evenly into the pan. Cut into squares when cool.
I actually used a 9 x 13 pan and the bars came out thinner, but just as good :) Next time I'll probably double the recipe for the larger pan. If you need the bars to cool faster throw them in the freezer or fridge, just allow them to thaw a bit prior to cutting into bars if they freeze - otherwise they have a tendency to break along jagged lines. Again, this does not affect the taste :)


2 comments:
Thanks Christine!! They were soo good!!
Oh my word. I used to make these in high school but we called them "What-have-you's" because you can add whatever type cereal like rice crispy,nuts or other crunchy stuff you like when you make them. And I dropped em from Tbs.s onto parchment paper and chilled em. :)
Post a Comment