Dream•sync

...where I attempt to synchronize my latest dreams...
...with my current reality...

So today started off..well...interesting.

First, I've de-linked my blog and my facebook page. For various reasons. And as much as some of my friends rely on facebook for their updates they may be disappointed in this development, however, for my own sanity it's the right choice :) I guess I'm not keen on broadcasting my blog to every connection I have on facebook. I'm still blogging, just in a more 'private' way - which is a huge oxymoron considering nothing you post on the internet is ever private LOL. Maybe I'm just filtering for the most dedicated of readers - so if you are reading this, it's because you have the direct link to my site. Thank you for reading :)

Anyway, as is my normal practice, I wake up without and alarm, in this case at least an hour earlier than I had anticipated. Blah. Not able to get back to sleep, and an underlying panic just at the edge of my consciousness. I have an idea of what's causing it and so I choose to ignore it, and that's followed by a futile attempt to reclaim another hour of sleep before removing myself from my bed and starting my day.

I meet my mom on the stair as she's heading out. I missed celebrating her birthday yesterday. Several reasons for that - one, I attend a church in the Finger Lakes region, and that's a 2 hour drive. And I can hear some of you asking why I would ever drive that far for church my answer is it's worth it. Anyway, between driving back and forth for the other events I was attending this weekend it just wasn't feasible to drive back and forth twice this weekend (I had a Relevant Worship concert to attend - lots of fun - word of the night being 'awkward' LOL :) And even though I talked with my mom about not being here in advance I still feel guilty. Ugh. Anyway, met her on the steps this morning on her way to work and wished her a happy birthday again.

It's always a challenge to come up with the right gift - for anyone, not just my mom - but this year my sister Kim had a great idea... so we went with it. And yesterday afternoon they placed the gift on the porch and told mom after dinner that she needed to see the improvements we made to the porch. Dad told me last night that she went out on the porch and was looking at the stairs and didn't see it right away. She looked left and there on the porch was a kayak :)

She was completely surprised - and happy too. And saying that we needed more so she wouldn't have to go by herself. You see, when we're in the mountains on vacation we like to be on the water. Some of the rental houses we've stayed at have kayaks that we can use and we've enjoyed them in the past. My mom apparently made a comment this past summer about how we needed one as the place we stayed didn't have one. So Kim wisely tucked that tidbit away and shared it with me a few weeks ago. After running it by Dad and Val we started looking, and thanks to a trip to Dick's that Kim and Val took, we got mom a kayak. Dad's going to try to get her out on the pond with it. LOL

Anyway, Happy Birthday mom :)

So that was the celebration yesterday. Mom confirmed her surprise with me this morning, then told me the dinner with Grandpa & Grandma D was rescheduled for Tuesday night. I had requested Monday. Ehh.... so I won't be celebrating with them either, which makes me want to bake a cake or something even though she's received no less than 3 cakes in the last day or so. Yes - I have a guilt complex... I won't be going because a Volleyball league is starting up and I've been interested in playing in one for a few months now. And it's starting this Tuesday. Going to see if one or both sisters want to come. And I'm geared up now after this past weekend's volleyball event.

Yep - volleyball yesterday afternoon. A few games indoors, a few games outdoors. Pretty good games, and great to meet new people. And get in a few good games of volleyball with some excellent volleys. Still looking forward to a more competitive level of play - not hugely competitive, but more 3-hits-per-side type play. I'm finding myself a bit sore today though...worth it for the play.

So where was I, oh yes - today - so I'm in my office, and I get an email from the CEO asking me website questions and please call him at his direct line. The nice part is we're a smaller company (less than 300 employees worldwide) and as I worked at the corporate office I've done quite a bit of work for the CEO so I know him. Just didn't expect an email of that direct nature. So I call from my parent's land line, leave a voice mail and two minutes late receive a call on my parent's line from the CEO. He commented on how he got a busy signal the first time and that he hadn't heard one of those in years :) Anyway, he asked me to help out his wife as she's setting up a survey for her doctoral dissertation and he felt out of his depth with the web stuff. So I called her this morning and had a nice chat with her, and apparently the CEO is happy with my breadth of knowledge on web stuff because she mentioned how he mentioned me when she had questions. So that's good - it means that they have confidence in my ability to do my job. Which is really good cause I'd like to keep my job :)

So as I'm on the phone with her, a blue jay flies smack into the window. Let's just say it startled me. Which shouldn't surprise anyone because I startle easily. I have an abundance of blue jays now, and this morning they've been chasing each other, and the woodpeckers, and vice versa, and the squirrels are chasing them - must be a good day for chasing. This one wasn't paying attention and flew into the window. No worries - it survived the ordeal, but it took me about 5 minutes to recover....

And now I'm looking at this huge post and thinking I need to change my blog layout so that my posts don't appear so long... maybe I should post smaller things more often as opposed to longer ones less frequently...would that help? Long posts are what happens when you find blogging cathartic :)


Listening to: "Perfect (Original Mix)" by Rob Lemon from 'I Love Trance: Vol 7'
Reading:
'Post Mortem' by Patricia Cornwell. Just started it this morning.
Studying: 'Living Beyond Yourself' by Beth Moore. Week 4: The Joy of the Lord is Our Strength.

3 comments:

You don't hafta feel guilty...you and I both know that. Perfection and pleasing everyone isn't all that important. Even if it feels it. We "people pleasers" need to stick together! :)

Amen sister! Thanks for reminding me :)

Was I supposed to snort my drink up my nose at the mental picture of you being startled by the bird? Because I almost did, lol.

I personally do not mind the long posts..

Post a Comment

Blog Author

My photo
Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe; Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.

Lux et Veritas

But I will hope continually
and will praise you
yet more and more.
My mouth will tell of your righteous acts,
of your deeds of salvation
all the day,
for their number
is past my knowledge.
With the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD I will come;
I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone.


Psalm 71: 14-16

Subscribe via email




Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers