Dream•sync

...where I attempt to synchronize my latest dreams...
...with my current reality...

So I decided to follow through on my blog redesign.  Can't take all the credit for this one - I just happened to find a great template site:  http://btemplates.com/   Searched several options and thought I'd try this one.  Had to tweak it a bit to get it to where I wanted it, but overall I'm liking it...so if any of you want to try out a template and have coding questions let me know - I think I've got it figured out :)

On another note, didn't go to play volleyball for a few reasons.  One, I'd prefer to go with people that I know at least the first few times, and since they had other commitments I opted out this week.  Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll head over to play.  Second reason - Mom's birthday dinner with G & G.  We went to a nice steak place - and I got veal.  LOL  Was going to go for steak but just wasn't in the mood.  Who knew I had to be in the mood for a good steak?  Anyway, Val ended up stopping home just as we were getting in the car to go and so she tagged along.  Poor Kim - she's been home sick with a fever the last day or so and hasn't been feeling all that well...She's on the mend though, so hopefully she'll get back to work on Thursday...

And one more thing - I realized how important it is to share those 'weird' things that seem to be coincidences (which I don't believe in - there are no coincidences!).  Like last weeks' 2 Peter1 I shared at Prayer and Praise.  For 4 days I kept hearing and reading this passage - specifically Chapter 1 verses 3-12.  So I shared based on the more obvious prompting of the Holy Spirit (4 days in a row is pretty obvious I think lol).  And based on a few things today I'm thinking that it definitely wasn't just for me - that these things we're led to discover by the Holy Spirit are meant to be shared with others so that they may also reap the benefit.

That said, I haven't had any glaring 'coincidences' or other scriptures jump out at me this week.  But I would encourage any of you reading this - share what you've been learning.  You never know how the Lord will use it in someone else's life.

For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

Isaiah 55:10-11

Listening to: "Unbound" by Robbie Robertson from 'Contact From the Underground'
Reading:
'Post Mortem' by Patricia Cornwell. First Kay Scarpetta novel and it's dark.  Which means I'll be reading something not in the forensic sciences for my next novel...
Studying: 'Living Beyond Yourself' by Beth Moore. Week 4: The Joy of the Lord is Our Strength.

2 comments:

Love the new look!! It is amazing!
And btw we have become big fans of those lovely dessert bars you brought to prayer and praise last night! I was wondering if you could give me the recipe! I know the boys would appreciate it too!:)

Sure Abbey! I'll dig it out and post it next. Figures I should start posting some of my dessert recipes on here :)

Post a Comment

Blog Author

My photo
Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe; Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.

Lux et Veritas

But I will hope continually
and will praise you
yet more and more.
My mouth will tell of your righteous acts,
of your deeds of salvation
all the day,
for their number
is past my knowledge.
With the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD I will come;
I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone.


Psalm 71: 14-16

Subscribe via email




Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers