Dream•sync

...where I attempt to synchronize my latest dreams...
...with my current reality...

What a great trip so far :)

So here's Katie and I at the Rochester airport... at like 5 AM.  We were exhausted from the Square Dance and trying to pack that morning.  No makeup, no showers, and just back from a drive from Bath that was interesting... not to mention my extended stay in security :)



So Sunday night... we arrived in Salt Lake after boarding a little plane in Denver... that flight was mostly uneventful except for the creepy guy a seat back from me and across the aisle that kept winking at Katie whenever she would turn around to say something to me (she was in the seat in front of me)... and the woman who started hurling into the little puke bag next to me on the plane.  For those of you who don't know already, I'm a 'chain' hurler... so when someone else starts I have a VERY difficult time not hurling myself.  So it's only by God's grace that I didn't start right along with her.  I felt bad for her -but at the same time could not help for fear of needing my own puke bag...  blegh...

Got to Salt Lake, grabbed our luggage, and proceeded to pick up our rental car.  We're driving a white Dodge Caliber, which is actually a pretty nice vehicle.  Nice sound system too :)  And plenty of space for all our stuff...

So we piled it all in the vehicle, shut the doors, gave a loud shout of excitement and proceeded to drive off the rental lot :)

Some shots from the drive up to Logan...


See the 'B' on the side of the mountain?  Kinda felt like they were welcoming me :)

We got to Logan and drove around following both my printed directions and Katie's GPS.  Neither of which did us any good.  LOL  The hotel's address doesn't officially exist, so when mapping it - yeah.  We were in the middle of cow pastures LOL.  I finally called the hotel for directions and sure enough, it was on main street and so huge if we had actually just continued north through Logan there is no way we could have missed it.  Checked in and went up to our room :)


We showered, then ate at Texas Roadhouse, as most places are closed on Sunday in Utah.  Kinda feels weird, but good in an odd way.  Does make it hard to find places to eat :)  Took most of the food back to the room and crashed into bed at like 9:30 local time.  Absolutely exhausted, but thankful to be out here :)

Monday - I got to visit my company's new division's office out here - they are a recent acquisition so it's always a bit of a challenge walking in to what could be either an indifferent, or sometimes subtly hostile environment.  None of which applied to this visit.  The people here at the office are wonderful.  Got to meet and work with some great guys and have made some good progress on their website development plans.  Lots of meetings yesterday along with a tour of the facility, and then a meeting with their new external marketing consultant who I think will work out well.  I spent the day with them while Katie got groceries for the trip and did a bit of exploring and shopping.  Ate lunch at a local mexican place for lunch which was good, and they had recommended the Coppermill Restaurant for dinner.  Katie picked me up at 5 and let me drive - she wasn't feeling well at all.  I wasn't really hungry, so we went to Wal-mart to pick up so last minute supplies...



Once we picked up those we headed back into town to see about eating... and that's when Katie's lunch hit :/ Apparently she ate leftovers from Texas Roadhouse that may not have been refrigerated well enough, and she got food poisoning.  Not cool.  So we headed back to the hotel and I ordered room service so she could chill and recover from some bad meat...  Then it was laundry, and the hot tub :)  Followed by watching more Avatar and doing our nails... then sleep.

Tuesday - This morning I packed up the vehicle with my stuff and then Katie dropped me off at work.  Today I've pretty much taken pictures of every product that this group develops and markets in preparation for their website and new literature.  It's afforded me the opportunity to talk to a few more people, and to get a better handle on the products.  In about 30 minutes I'll say farewell to the crew here and will set out for Yellowstone.  First though, we're stopping at the Great Harvest Bread co.  AWESOME bakery that everyone here visits once a day.  Buy a drink, get a free slice of freshly baked warm bread and then try to to pick up their giant cookies and huge cinnamon rolls.  I'm going to pick up some fresh bread for the rest of our trip.  the smells in this place are absolutely wonderful...

So that should get you caught up to where I'm at now.  Between Katie and I we'll be taking pictures on the drive up to Yellowstone tonight.  Grabbing a hotel room and then tomorrow it's hiking around Yellowstone :)

More updates tomorrow night :)

1 comments:

Love the photo merge. This is the first I have seen of your travel diaries, as I've hardly been online since our own trip (a simple way to extend my vacation!:)) Great pics, fun stories - stay safe!

Post a Comment

Blog Author

My photo
Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe; Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.

Lux et Veritas

But I will hope continually
and will praise you
yet more and more.
My mouth will tell of your righteous acts,
of your deeds of salvation
all the day,
for their number
is past my knowledge.
With the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD I will come;
I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone.


Psalm 71: 14-16

Subscribe via email




Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers